Feng Shui is a Chinese concept in which the surroundings one lives in should be in balance and harmony with the natural world around you. The term “Feng Shui” means “wind-water” in English. These days, people are becoming increasingly aware of the Feng Shui concept and adapting its practical approach in their homes. The concept holds that all the objects possess an energy called “Chi” which can be used to bring in prosperity, luck and wealth into your home. One way to attain this is to fill your home with a harmonious balance of five elements of Feng Shui: Wood, Fire , Earth, Metal and Water. Each element is represented by a colour and the right placement of the colour is decided by the “Bagua” or the Feng Shui map of your space. In this blog we will talk about how you can create a Feng Shui balanced home and use wallpaper for home to incorporate the various elements of Feng Shui in your home.
- Wood element: The wood element is denoted by colours such as green and brown. It is most welcomed in the Bagua areas of East, Southeast and South. Keep a small plant with branches and leaves in the area and compliment it with a dense forest wallpaper in the background for a complete look. This element ensures improvement in health and balance in life.
- Metal element: By placing metal vases, dishes or bowls in Feng Shui Bagua areas of North, Northwest and Western corners of your home, you will bring clarity and calmness into your home. As per Feng Shui, the elements need to be displayed in a subtle way and have to be aesthetically pleasing suiting the rest of your décor. Another way of adding metallic elements is to use a metallic finish wallpaper for home.
- Fire element: Suitable for the South Bagua area of your home, the fire element is best represented by colours such as red, purple, strong yellow and orange. This element can be incorporated in the best way by using flames wallpaper for home. You can also add candles or diyas in appropriate corners of the house. If placed right, it can bring fame and prosperity to you.
- Earth element: Earth element is best suited for Bagua areas such as Southwest, Northeast, West, Northwest and the Centre. Denoted by colours such a light yellow, sandy /earthy and brown, the earth element can be beautifully blended with the rest of your decor. Beautiful clay figurines, earth rocks, crystals all can add up to the Earth element. Another way of incorporating Feng Shui is by using a earth element color wallpaper for home.
- Water element: One of the most famous Feng Shui elements, it is best suited for Bagua areas such as North, East and South East. Placing the water element in these areas will boost your career, improve the health of your family and increase wealth. Place a water fountain or place water in a bowl to notice the changes in your life. You can also use a waterfall wallpaper for home in your bedroom to incorporate the water element in your home.
Let us know what you think about our Feng Shui ideas by commenting below!